We kept busy in 2017! From construction and design awards to new developments and virtual reality, we look back on some of the highlights of the past year.
- IDIBC Award of Merit for Intracorp’s new head office.
- VRCA Silver Award of Excellence for Lifelabs’ tenant improvement.
- VREB Merit Award in the Mixed-Use Category for Eagle Creek Village.
- AWMAC Ed Fielder Award for Overall Excellence in Quality and Service for Kabam.
- AWMAC Gold Award for Excellence in Service for Kabam.
- VRCA Safety Award for achieving a zero-frequency injury rate.
- Maker Exchange – Launched our latest development project, a 151,000 sq.ft. building in the Railtown district of Vancouver.
- Richmond Industrial Centre – Bridge construction started on this multi-phased, 170-acre, build-to-suit industrial development.
- Harbour Towers – Construction began on this major conversion from a hotel to a rental residential building.
- Sidney Crossing – Development permit obtained for this 100,000 sq.ft. retail centre on Vancouver Island with construction to begin in 2018.
- BC Hydro – Completed construction for major projects in Vernon, Hudson’s Hope and Mica Dam with many more underway.
- Omicron launched our own Virtual Reality website, featuring Intracorp and the Maker Exchange.
- As Innovator Partners for the 2017 Edge Summit on Exponential Change, we showcased our latest technology and immersed attendees in our VR experience. If you missed the event, visit us at ICSC Whistler to find out more about VR and take home a free pair of VR goggles.
- United Way – We surpassed our $35,000 goal by raising $42,540 through employee participation and engagement.
- Workout to Conquer Cancer – Our team raised $14,193, and was awarded top fundraiser in BC.
- We proudly maintained our Best Managed Companies Platinum Member status having been members since 2009.
- Omicron’s Instagram account was launched in September. Check it out to see what we’re up to.
As excited as we are about 2017, we are looking forward to 2018 even more, as we are celebrating our 20th anniversary. We have plenty surprises in store, so stay tuned!